CHRISTOPHER S. MILLS BS, LMT, CPFT
* Licensed Massage Therapist providing deep tissue, sports, myofascial, neuromuscular, orthopedic and medical massage. Specializing in rehabilitation of head, neck and shoulder pathology. Experienced in pain management working with cancer patients through hospice and athletes participating in golf, tennis, ballet, bodybuilding, and marathons.
* Director of Sports Medicine at Windsor Athletic Club. Duties include monitoring of cardiac rehabilitation phases II & III. Cardiac rehabilitation improves the recovery process and reduces the risk of new cardiac events by increasing participants' cardiovascular fitness through a progressive exercise program and by providing information and guidance on risk facto modification. Pre/ post orthopedic rehabilitation working with your physician or physical therapist. Exercise prescription for older adults (65yrs of age or older) to enhance their functional abilities for "improving quality of life."
* Sports Medicine Specialist providing comprehensive medical care in preventive and rehabilitative exercise science (exercise physiology). Special interest in cardiac health, fitness and pain management. Sports medicine internship at Brookside Medical Center / Swedish American Group in Rockford, IL. Additional internship completed at "41 Sports Club" Dr. Schuldt's Performance Center, Highland Park, IL the fitness club of the Chicago Bears, Bulls and White Sox.
* Specialist working with older adults. This includes neurological to muscular- skeletal disorders. Current clientele age ranges are 18 to 96. Supervise and monitor clients and club members to ensure proper techniques.
* Professional Associations:
American College of Sports Medicine, National Academy of Sports Medicine, and the National Strength & Conditioning Association.
* Lifetime gold membership in "CAMBRIDGE'S WHO'S WHO" in American among distinguished executives and professionals. Recognized in the "honors edition" for strength training.
* Faculty member at RAMUSSEN COLLEGE (est. 1900) teaching physics & chemistry based kinesiology, physiology, and massage therapy.